If your Kitsap Credit Union Visa card has the Contactless Indicator on it, you can use it to make purchases with a simple tap.
Here's all you need to know to tap to pay with confidence:
Pay with confidence:
- Check for the Contactless symbol on the store's checkout terminal.
- When prompted, bring your card, mobile or wearable device within a few inches of the contactless symbol on the checkout terminal.
- Your payment is securely processed in seconds. Once your payment is confirmed, you're good to go!
Tapping to Pay
Tapping to pay with your Kitsap Credit Union Visa contactless card is a secure, convenient and touch-free way to make everyday purchases. It gets you through contactless-enabled checkout quickly with a secure and touch-free way to pay.
- Your Kitsap Credit Union Visa contactless card uses the same dynamic security as a contact chip card, so you know it's a secure way to pay!
- A simple tap is all it takes.
- Tapping to pay with your Kitsap Credit Union Visa contactless card can help you avoid touching surfaces at checkout where you see the Contactless Symbol.
Use your Kitsap Credit Union Visa contactless card where you see the Contactless Symbol.
Want to know more?
Here are some frequently asked questions:
- How do I know if I can tap to pay with my card?
Look for the Contactless Indicator on your card and enabled terminal to know if you can use it to tap to pay for purchases.
- Do I actually have to tap my contactless card on the contactless-enabled terminal?
No. However, the card should be close (within 1-2 inches) to the Contactless Symbol on the contactless-enabled terminal.
- How do I hold my contactless card to the contactless-enabled terminal?
The terminal reads the card best when it is flat over the Contactless Symbol, versus at an angle.
- How long do I need to hold my contactless card to the contactless-enabled terminal?
You should hold your contactless card to the contactless-enabled terminal for 1-2 seconds.
- Can I unknowingly make a purchase if I am in close proximity to a contactless-enabled terminal?
No. Contactless technology requires the merchant to first initiate the payment, and the contactless card must be held in close proximity (1-2 inches) to the terminal for a transaction to take place.