Play It Safe At The ATM
- Always observe your surroundings before conducting an ATM transaction or using a night depository.
- Park as close to the ATM or night depository as possible.
- Consider having someone go with you if it is dark or if the machine is located in an unfamiliar area.
- If you notice any suspicious activity, do not use the ATM or night depository.
- If someone follows you after you make an ATM transaction, or you use a night depository, go to a well-lit, crowded area and call for police if necessary.
- Minimize your transaction time at the ATM.
- Have your card and forms ready before you approach the ATM.
- Put cash and receipts out of sight as soon as your transaction is complete. You can count and verify it once you've reached the safety of your locked vehicle or safe building.
- When approaching a drive up ATM, observe the entire surrounding. If anyone or anything appears suspicious, drive away immediately.
- When using a drive up ATM, keep your engine running, all doors locked, and all passenger windows closed.