Help Protect Your Personal Information:
- Don't share your online or mobile banking login and password with anyone. We will never ask you for this information.
- Don't provide any of your personal information via a text or email, and only provide information via a phone call if you initiated the call or request.
- Don't click on links provided in text messages or emails, especially if you are not familiar with the sender and did not initiate the conversation.
- Use strong passwords, the common thought now is to use a phrase that only you know, and mix in letters, numbers, symbols, as well as upper and lower case.
You can find more information about how to protect yourself from cybercrime and identity theft through the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov.
Ways to Report Fraudulent Text Messages:
- Help to reduce these types of scams by forwarding spam and scam text messages to 7726 (SPAM). This sends the information to your carrier to investigate.
- If you receive a suspicious message that appears to be from us, please complete the form located on this page with information about the text.